Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Interconnecting the Sabbats

Well then. Reader Request didn't really pan out. But it's not too late to ask me question or post topic suggestions!

One thing I've been doing in my personal practice is trying to understand and make meaningful the Sabbats, individually as well as a whole, exploring the interconnectedness. Here are a few of my insights so far:

Of the first two harvest festivals, Lammas is still holding onto the joy and revelry of Summer, while the Fall Equinox is beginning to recognize the diligence and hardship of Winter. This is a transitional time. I'm betting/thinking/hoping a certain realization will come to me in reference to Imbolc and Eostar.

And also, the Spring and Fall seasons each carry variations on a common theme:

Imbolc - fertility as ideas/creativity
Eostar - fertility as growth/momentum
Beltane - fertility as physical/sex/conception

Lammas - harvest as bounty/reward for hard work
Fall - harvest as consequences/emphasizing relationship between what is reaped from what was sown
Samhain - harvest as death/endings

You can read more about these explorations of mine at my other blog, Priestess Spirit.

0 comments: