Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Poem

This a piece I wrote to commemorate Blodeuwedd coming into my life...

Blodeuwedd's Charge
Copyright © 0ct. 2008 S.E.J.

From realms beyond, Barn Owl soars;
To awaken the land, Great Lion roars;
Warrior Queen with Her army of Shades;
All stand with me to welcome the Maid.

Under the Sun, high on a hill,
The wind dies down to a reverent still.
The Lady of Spring sparkles with dew,
Banishing old and welcoming new.

Her visage composed of sweet flowers nine.
Clad in grey mist as Dawn is Her time.
Her skin like the Moon, glowing and white.
The wind lifts Her hair like pale firelight.

Fixing Her gaze, She looks to my soul,
Drawing forth knowledge of Witch-child’s goal.
She knows the next step, what must be done,
The task is set forth for what’s yet to come.

She pushes my body deep in the ground,
Still from my throat comes not a sound.
Swallowed by terra, alone in the dark.
Conquer this trial and receive the Art.
As I try to find my way,
From above I hear Her say,
“Out of the Earth,
Climb to your birth!
Out of the Earth,
Climb to your birth!”

0 comments: