Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Beliefs Survey

Shamelessles taken from CricketSong at Lunar Wisdom.



Basics

Do you have a magickal name, If so what does it mean?

Yes, although it is "new" and I haven't used it in ritual yet. It is Satya, and is Sanskrit and means, essentially, "truth or correctness." It is also a variation on Satia (pronounced as in inSATIAble), a Goddess related to others such as Abundia, Herodias, Diana, and Nichneven.

How did you find Wicca/Paganism?
Raised with it by my parents since about the age of five. Began serious involvement at about 16.

How long have you been practicing?
If you go by my "introduction" to it, about 23 years. From my serious interest, 12.

Solitary or group practitioner?
Right now, essentially solitary (sometimes joined by mu husband), but I greatly prefer group practice.

What is your path?
Trad-leaning/-seeking Outer Court style Hereditary Wiccan Witchcraft. Or just say Wicca, it's easier :P

Are you out of the broom closet?
Mostly. At work, not so much, but I have had conversations with one co-worker in which I've admitted that I don't consider myself a Christian (a HUGE understatement there! lol).

Who is your patron God?
Lugh may be emerging as such.

Who is your patron Goddess?
I have two, An Mhor Rioghain and Blodeuwedd.

What Goddesses do you worship?
I honor An Mhor Rioghain and Blodeuwedd, call Freyja in rituals with my husband, and call only aspects (as opposed to a specific name and face) in rituals I perform alone.

Do you fear dark aspects in Gods/Goddess, or rather respect them?
No, i honor them in their time.

Do you worship the Christian God?
Not by the name the Christians use.

Do you ever worship animals?
I honor them.

Or plants?
I repsect them.


Nature
Do you regularly commune with nature?
No, although I'm working on improving that.

Ever walked barefoot in the woods?
No. My feet are wussies.

Taken a camping trip just to talk to nature?
That wasn't the sole purpose, but it happened.

Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth?
Seeing the vegetables that came out of my husband's garden last year.

What is your power animal?
My totem is Barn Owl, but I also feel affinities for lions, corvids, and scorpions.

Do you have a familiar?
Not presently.

Have you ever called upon the powers of an animal in ritual?
No.

Or a plant?
No.

Do you hug trees?
Upon occasion.

Give them gifts?
I like to pour out my libations from ritual under a tree if I can.

What is your favorite flower to work with?
N/A

What is your favorite tree to work with?
N/A

Wheel of the Year
What is your favorite Sabbat?
Samhain.

What is your least favorite Sabbat?
Imbolc, only because it's the one I'm struggling to understand right now.

Have you ever held a ritual on a Sabbat?
Yes.

Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a pagan holiday?
Yes.

Do you celebrate Yule on the 21 rather than the 25?
Yes, but we also celebrate Christmas with our non-Pagan family.

Have you ever felt the Veil thin on Samhain?
Yes.

Ever danced the Maypole?
Yes

Know what the Maypole symbolizes?
Yep!

Ever made love on Beltane?
YES!

Do you usually celebrate the pagan Sabbats?
I try to at least acknowledge them, if not more.


Divination
Do you use Tarot?

Not as much as I'd like - I can't read for myself and no one seems to want a reading ever.

Do you use runes?
I have.

Do you use a pendulum?
See above

Do you use dowsing rods?
Ditto.

Do you use astrology?
Somewhat.

Any other form of divination?
I have a home-made scrying mirror, and I want a black scrying ball.

Spells
What was the first spell you did?
The first I remember was running around my parents' initiators' property, singing to the Sun to come out. It was a cloudy day, threatening to rain, and we were supposed to have an outdoor ritual.

What was the latest?
I think it was probably some simple laying-on-of-hands type healing.

Ever done a love spell?
No.

A job spell?
No.

A healing spell?
Yes.

What was the most powerful spell you've ever performed?
I was the subject of a spell before some surgery several years ago. The energy raised there was incredible.

What deities do you usually call on?
For spells? Generally not Anyone in specific.


Cryptology
Do you believe in Vampires?
Part of me very much wants to.

Werewolves?
See above.

Shape-shifters?
Ditto.

Elves?
*shrug*

Faeries?
Yes.

Dragons?
Yes.

Nymphs?
Yes.

Sprites?
Yes.

Mermaids?
Why not.

Sirens?
Sure.

Satyrs?
Yes.

Ever "seen" any of the above?
I’ve seen Fae, yes.

Ever talked to any of the above?
I’ve asked the Fae to give back things they've taken, and to stop scaring me :P

Ever used any of the above in magick?
No.

Do you have one of them as a personal guardian?
No.

Random
Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon?
Umm, I see the Moon?

Own a cat?
Yes.

When you mediate what does your happy place look like?
A meadow, can be day or night. During the day there's either a small hill in the center, or a huge oak tree. At night there's a large stone with a pool of water on top of it (going down into it as well) with a statue of the Goddess standing over it.

Do you work with Chakras?
No.

Do you believe in past lives?
Yes.

Do you believe in soul mates?
I believe that I have known and loved everyone I will ever meet in this life, in all my previous ones. However, it may have been in different capacities. Someone who is a casual acquaintance in this life may have been a lover or spouse in another, and my son could have been another family member, or simply a friend last time. Essentially, I believe all souls are re-absorbed into the Whole and then released in a slightly different way. So, pieces of the past will remain, and those pieces that were separated will again seek each other out.

Do you have a spirit guide?
Yes.

Is it always love and light?
No. Balance is key.

0 comments: